Recently I faced issues loading webpages in Chrome. Many websites failed to load including my Blog. Websites that have a lot of java scripts especially Adsense units (Image and Text) took a lot of time to load. I tested the page elements load time with firefox browser with firebug and Google Page speed addon and found a mysterious Java Script ‘/A2EB891D63C8/avg_ls_dom.js’
httpRequest.open("POST", "/CC0227228D62/CheckData", false);
This request should again be intercepted by the AVG module, which should inspect the code and give the go-ahead to display the page or tell the script to throw an error instead. However, it seems that a bug causes the proxy-like component to let requests through and get sent to the server from where the page was loaded.
Once I disabled the Surf Shield option in Link Scanner the issue got resolved.